- To establish a common and united platform for all Bangladeshi business
- To provide opportunities for Bangladeshi businessmen to meet on a regular basis and act as a unified forum for the exchange of information relating to current and future business opportunities in Singapore and abroad
- To promote, develop and strengthen Bangladeshi business relationships with Singapore and other countries
- To make productive recommendations, give feedback and/or representations to the appropriate government authorities of Singapore and other countries on matters of policies and procedures pertaining to investment, trade and business activities
- To provide support to organisations dedicated to the development of international trade and investment in Singapore, Bangladesh and other countries
- To coordinate and/or affiliate with organisations in Singapore, Bangladesh and other countries, with similar or related objectives
- To work collectively to enhance local and international investment, trade and business
- To publish for private circulation amongst members such as newsletters, database, bulletins, reports and/or literatures which may be deemed appropriate by the Council to work collectively and for the enhancement of trade and business
- To participate in humanitarian, relief and philanthropy work for the benefit of deserving communities in Singapore and abroad, subject to necessary approval by the Singapore authorities
- To participate in lawful activities to further the objectives and for the benefit of the Bangladeshi business community in Singapore.
In furtherance of the above objectives,
with the approval of the relevant authorities, where necessary
- To develop a web site and business information portal to share and facilitate information related to investment, trade and business in Singapore, Bangladesh and abroad
- To endeavour to provide support to Bangladeshi businessmen in Singapore in times of financial crisis and/or attend to other calls of humanitarian causes
- To invite business delegates to Singapore to hold seminars to promote interaction, business and trade contacts; and send business delegates to attend seminars abroad to promote interaction, business and trade contacts
- To invite business delegates to Singapore to hold seminars to promote interaction, business and trade contacts and send business delegates to attend seminars abroad to promote interaction, business and trade contacts
PATRON AND EX- OFFICIO
- The High Commissioner of The People’s Republic of Bangladesh at Singapore shall be the Chief Patron of the Chamber.
- The President of the Chamber and Council shall seek guidance and advice from the Chief Patron in achieving the objectives of the Chamber including mediation for amicable resolutions of disputes.
- The duly elected President of Singapore Bangladesh Society shall be an Ex-Officio of the Council and shall be invited to attend selected Council meetings. He will not have any executive power and voting rights, and shall play an advisory role only.